Late last year, Diablo 2 Resurrected launched with a myriad of issues on Xbox, even prompting fans to call for refunds. Thankfully, things have been smoothened out since with a few patches, the latest of which pretty much overhauls the game’s lobby system, among other major changes.
The game’s ‘Party Finder’ feature on console was top of the developer’s list, and that has been a major focus of update 2.4.3. Here’s the basics of what’s been changed to multiplayer:
Selecting the “Play” button on the main menu with your selected online hero will now present three options for online play:
Private: Enter a private game that will not populate to the Game List. The only way for others to join your game is through the Friends List or by being invited.
Game Creator: Create a public game that will populate on the games list.
Game List: View the games list, use the search feature, or join a public game.
‘Game Creator’ and ‘Game List’ options provide new ways to play, with the creator lobbies also providing the options for password protected games to keep things between you and your friend group. Game List is a new server browser option, with up to 40 games shown based on parameters like difficulty, ping, and game name.
Blizzard has also detailed an event weekend running from June 30 through July 4, which grants a 50% buff to Magic Find. The buff provides an increased chance at picking up Legendary, Magic, Rare, Set, or Unique loot items.
Here are the rest of the patch notes, mostly consisting of bug fixes:
QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
- Players can now start a new Whirlwind, Leap, or Leap Attack immediately after a Whirlwind ends.
- Changed the logic for determining how often Whirlwind attacks occur. Whirlwind now incorporates Increased Attack Speed (IAS) from all equipment. The frames between each Whirlwind attack are equal to the attack frame of a basic attack for that character (modified by increased attack speed). While dual wielding, the attack frame for each weapon will be averaged (rounding up). Overall, Whirlwind attacks should be at least as fast as they were before. Slower weapons will attack notably faster.
- Added a new “Loot to Cube” skill for controllers in the general skills menu. Using this skill on an item will pick it up and place it in your Horadric Cube, if there is space.
- Added a bindable hotkey for mouse and keyboard to directly open the Horadric Cube if it is in your inventory.
- Added a new button shortcut to open the Horadric Cube from the inventory menu.
- Players can now bulk assign stat points using a controller.
- A confirmation prompt will now appear when bulk assigning all remaining stat points on both PC and console. This option is unavailable while using legacy graphics.
- Added an Automap Auto Open setting to allow players to set their preferred Automap position.
- Barbarian Update
- Whirlwind: Improve the skill at lower levels.
- Starting damage% increased from -50 to +30.
- Damage% per level reduced from +8 to +5.
- Starting Attack increased from 0 to +50.
- You can now double click on a game to join it in the PC lobby.
- Players on Switch can now join a friend’s game via the in-game Friends List.
- Game List size has been doubled from 20 to 40.
- Game list details in both the details panel and in the Game List now load faster upon selecting a game.
- Friends playing D2R are now sorted to the top of the Friends List.
- Console players now have an option in the options menu to toggle Game Name visibility.
- Fixed an issue where Deckard Cain was not able to identify items in the Horadric Cube. Now he will do so when the Cube is in your main inventory.
- Fixed an issue where short-distance whirlwinds could end without executing a single attack.
- Fixed an issue where Whirlwind would still apply properties and damage from a broken weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the first attack of Whirlwind was treated different from the rest. When dual wielding, the first attack will choose two targets, just like all the other attacks.
- Fixed an issue where resurrect costs were inconsistent for high-level mercenaries.
- Fixed an issue where corpse skills were not auto-targeting corpses when using just right click.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t select and join lobby games on PC with a controller.
- Fixed an issue where players could impersonate developers by mimicking the chat font color used to display system messages.
- Fixed an issue where lobby figurines would disappear while whispering.
- Fixed an issue that would rarely prevent players from joining a private game.
- Fixed an issue in Hardcore where both players had to mutually flag each other to be able to loot a corpse, even if the dead player had the other player flagged.
- Fixed an issue where ladder rankings with six or more digits would begin to overlap the character name.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the most recently played characters to not sort to the top of the list.
- Fixed an issue where an off-hand flail could fail to animate on the front end.
- Fixed miscellaneous localization bugs.
Stability and Performance
- Fixed a performance issue that could occur when spamming refresh at a vendor for an extended period.
- Miscellaneous crash and stability fixes.
Will you be jumping back into D2 Resurrected after this major patch? Let us know!