Dying Light 2 Stay Human is launching soon, and clearly, there’s plenty of anticipation surrounding the post-apocalyptic open world action RPG’s release. Ahead of its launch, developer Techland has confirmed that the game will receive a day one patch that will fix a “thousand tweaks”.
From story progression blocks and animation glitches to issues with crashes and more, the day one update is apparently going to bring plenty of polishing. Techland has provided a brief overview of what the patch will bring, which you can view below, but the developer says there will be “many more” tweaks in the update.
As for the game’s PC version, Techland says that will continue to be updated “in real-time”, with a lot of the fixes that will be coming to consoles with the day one patch already having been applied to the game’s PC version. The day one patch, meanwhile, will also enable DLSS on that front.
Dying Light 2 Stay Human has certainly launched with noticeable technical issues, but it’s still had a significantly better start in that respect than its predecessor, so one would assume Techland will be proactive with necessary patches, especially given how effectively they addressed the first game’s launch issues. Techland does have pretty long-term plans where the game’s post-launch roadmap is concerned, so here’s hoping the necessary fixes come in thick and fast as well.
Our review of Dying Light 2 Stay Human recently went live. Awarding it a score of 7/10, we said, “Dying Light 2 Stay Human is often let down by clumsy writing, unbalanced progression, clunky combat, and technical issues, but its excellent parkour, engaging choice and consequence mechanics, and the expertly realized threat of the Infected make for a fun open world free-running romp nonetheless.” You can read our full review through here.
Dying Light 2 Stay Human launches on February 4 for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and then later in the year as a cloud-exclusive release for the Nintendo Switch.
Preliminary Day 1 Console Patch Notes:
- Fixed the Broadcast infinite respawn story block
- Fix for dialogues that block story progression
- Re-signing to the co-op session doesn’t fail in case the user is logged in
- Fixed crash when handing electrical parts to Carlos in Bazaar
- Fixed problems with temporarily lowering the difficulty level – improved adaptive difficulty for AIs
- Fixed crash caused by background renderer during the transition between menu and loading screens
- Increased Wwise overall memory limit – fix for missing sounds and voice-over
- Resolved problems with objects and AI sinking into the ground on a flat surface.
- Fix for AI sometimes freezing/becoming immortal when the owner changes during death
- Added protection against potential crashes.
- Updates for ES, CH; DE intro.
- Added missing game actions fixing occasional unresponsiveness.
- Fixed Streamer Mode option which was not working properly.
- Fixed crash on opening the secondary screen.
- Fixed disconnecting co-op sessions after a certain amount of time.
- DLSS enabled. Improved default DLSS sharpness.
- Fixed the gamepad not being detected by the game before any movement or action is conducted using a keyboard or mouse.