Fire Hose Games have announced Techtonica, a first-person factory building game set beneath the surface of an alien planet.
Work alone or with friends to gather resources, explore a fully destructible underground world, and build sprawling, fully automated factories. Upgrade your equipment and buildings, and gradually uncover the hidden secrets of the planet.
You can find the announcement trailer below.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Welcome to the strangely beautiful, bioluminescent, and mysterious sub-surface alien world of Techtonica. You’ll begin with only the basics for digging, mining, and resource production.
Discovering everything in Techtonica demands unique equipment, power, and resources. Build specialized machines to optimize gathering and production as you arm yourself with the tools needed to go further and deeper.
Connect a network of machines and resources with conveyor belts and lifts that enable you to automate your lines of production and optimize your factory’s flow.
CREATE SPRAWLING FACTORIES
Take mining and production to new heights by constructing sprawling, efficient factories and turning the alien caverns into your base of operations. Bend the ground to your will to make and clear space for your machines.
EXPLORE & DISCOVER
Exploration pays off in Techtonica. Tunnel your way to massive ore deposits and secret, hidden caves to find rewards and scan aging artifacts. You’ll unlock new recipes for enhanced automation systems and even more powerful technology.
There’s something off about this mysterious alien world.
- BEAUTIFUL WORLD. Explore the cavernous depths of Techtonica surrounded by bioluminescent flora in first-person.
- FACTORY BUILDING. Power your mining and production with dynamic and interlinked factory systems.
- COMPLETE AUTOMATION. Conveyor belts and unique travel systems make sprawling, automated factories easier to build, connect, and traverse.
- REWARDING UPGRADES. Start small and get massive with gameplay systems that continually evolve with new challenges and solutions.
- AURAL NIRVANA. Techtonica arrives with a build-inspiring original soundtrack from Cityfires (20XX, Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered).
- CO-OP. Techtonica will be entirely playable alone or with up to four-player co-op.
Techtonica is in development for Windows PC via Steam.