With the release of God of War Ragnarok around the corner and the stunning reviews of the game hitting the internet, Santa Monica Studios has revealed the graphical modes for the title on both the PS4 and PS4 Pro, and PS5.
According to the developer, the PlayStation 5 will feature six different graphic modes, two for the PlayStation 4 Pro and one for the PlayStation 4. Yep, the PS4 is still kicking, and according to several sources who’ve played it on the PS4, the experience isn’t as bad as some assumed it would be.
For the PlayStation 5, we’ll see the following:
- Favor Performance: 1440 – 2160P (Dynamic), 60 FPS target
- Favor Performance + HFR (High Frame Rate): 1440p, Unlocked 60 FPS
- Favor Performance + HFR+ VRR (Variable Rate Refresh): 1440p, Unlocked 60 FPS
- Favor Quality: 2160P (4K), 30 FPS Target
- Favor Quality + HFR: 1800 -2160P, 40 FPS Target
- Favor Quality + HFR + VRR: 1800 – 2160P, Unlocked 40 FPS
The PlayStation 4, while not the powerhouse as the PlayStation 5, will provide the following experience:
- Favor Performance: 1080 – 1656P, Unlocked 30 FPS Target
- Favor Quality: 1440-1656P, 30 FPS Target
Lastly, the PS4, with one graphical mode:
- Standard: 1080p, 30 FPS Target
It’s needless to say that Santa Monica Studios has every console covered, and regardless of if you weren’t able to acquire a PlayStation 5, you’d still be able to play “the best God of War title to date.”
God of War: Ragnarok releases on November 9th, 2022, for the PS4, PS4 Pro, and PlayStation 5. I already have my God of War Ragnarok Collector’s Edition, which I completely forgot I ordered months ago. I guess I”ll be playing this masterpiece, after all.