It’s December, and you might think that Microsoft start to wind down for the holidays with Xbox Game Pass updates, but no! They’ve got a big week with Among Us, Xbox exclusive The Gunk, Mortal Kombat 11 and a bunch of other games. Is it all AAA blockbusters? No, but there’s some indie darlings from the last few years that will make for some nice relaxed gaming.
First, let’s talk Among Us. The game is out today, 14th December, launching at 6PM across PlayStation and Xbox consoles, and it will be a part of Xbox Game Pass. For some slightly odd reason, that is only for the Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One today, with the game then being added to Xbox Cloud Gaming tomorrow, 15th December. Then again, why you would play Among Us via streaming when you can very, very easily play it on your phone or PC…. I don’t know.
Thursday is the big update day. The Gunk is the first fully 3D game (and non-SteamWorld game) from developer Image & Form, so that will definitely be one to check out. It is joined, however, by the critically acclaimed Firewatch, the surprise tactical package of Transformers: Battlegrounds, Double Fine point & clicker Broken Age, slice of life postal journey Lake and the spine-ripping action of Mortal Kombat 11.
There’s a lot of chilled, relaxed gaming to take in there, but one of those games is very, very definitely not like the others… There’s also some more family friendly games that will hopefully keep kids quiet over Christmas.
- Among Us (Console) ID@Xbox
- Among Us (Cloud) ID@Xbox
- Ben 10: Power Trip (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Broken Age (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Firewatch (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
- The Gunk (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
- Lake (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
- Mortal Kombat 11 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- PAW Patrol Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Race With Ryan (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
- Transformers: Battlegrounds (Cloud, Console, and PC)