Jagged Alliance 3 has been announced during the THQ Nordic showcase and is described as “a true successor to a beloved franchise”. The game is set in Grand Chien, a nation of rich natural resources and deep political divides which is thrown into chaos when the president mysteriously vanishes. A paramilitary force known as “The Legion” seizes control of the countryside and it’s up to your team of mercenaries to save the day.
“In Jagged Alliance 3, select from a huge cast of mercenaries all with their own unique personalities, quirks, and backstories,” say THQ Nordic, “Then go out and explore Grand Chien as you meet new people, earn money, grow your team, and ultimately make your own decisions that will decide the country’s fate.”
Here are some key features:
- Engage in rich, tactical turn-based combat
- Recruit from a large cast of unique mercenaries, including many familiar fan favorites
- Loot, salvage, and customize an arsenal of weaponry and equipment
- Choose from a wide array of special perks to customize your mercs as they level up
- Decide the fate of Grand Chien in an open RPG structure
- Control territory, train the locals, command multiple parties, and defend against enemy forces in an alive, active world
- Experience the campaign with friends in online co-op mode
Jagged Alliance 3 currently has no release date but is “coming soon”. The cunningly named Jagged Alliance 2, was released for PC way back in 1999, but just to be confusing it’s actually the third game in the series. Jagged Alliance was released for MS-DOS in 1995 and the year after Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games was released, followed by Jagged Alliance 2. Since then there have been multiple spin offs and sequels, all of them pretty rubbish, which is probably why THQ Nordic are billing this as “a true successor to a beloved franchise”.