Today’s Niche Spotlight is Wytchwood, a crafting-focused adventure game by Alientrap and Whitethorn Digital.
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links to GamersGate. Buying a game through these links supports Niche Gamer. Use NICHE at checkout for any singular product for 11% off.
You play as the eccentric old witch of the woods in a colorful, storybook-inspired world. Gather ingredients in the wilderness so you can concoct magical spells and mystical elixirs to solve puzzles and best wild beasts. Pass judgement upon the wicked souls from the neighboring villages to fulfill your part of an ancient pact with mysterious deities. You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find a rundown (via GamersGate) below:
Wytchwood is a crafting adventure game set in an expressive land of gothic fables and fairytales. As the mysterious old witch of the woods, you will explore a strange countryside, collect magical ingredients, brew sorcerous enchantments, and pass your twisted judgement upon a capricious cast of characters and creatures.
After all, how will they ever learn if you don’t teach them the moral of the story?
- Lovingly rendered storybook art style.
- Gather, collect, grow and craft bizarre ingredients: Toxic toadstools, eye of newt and bottled fear.
- Research and concoct devious spells and sorceries. Turn the greedy into frogs! Trick the wicked with cunning curses!
- Explore an allegorical world of tall tales, uncovering colourful personas and fantastical narratives.
- Use your wit and guile to solve puzzles and best the strange monsters of the forest.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!