Nintendo Switch Sports is expanding. The spiritual successor to Wii Sports launched back in April with the promise that more content would come in the form of free updates. Now, the first one is upon us: the summer update is officially live and waiting for fans to download:
The free summer update for #NintendoSwitchSports is available now!
Kick your Soccer matches into high gear with the Leg Strap accessory, experience Volleyball with the newly added Slide Attack & Rocket Serve, and reach for the top with the new S Rank & ∞ Rank! pic.twitter.com/FSXbZWVQ2L
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) July 27, 2022
So, what does the update bring? Here’s a brief rundown:
- Soccer: One-on-One and Four-on-Four multiplayer now support the Leg Strap accessory. The camera has been adjusted and a glitch involving jumping has also been addressed.
- Volleyball: Slide Attacks and Rocket Serves have been added.
- Bowling: Pins fall more favorably for curved shots versus straight ones.
- Play Globally: S Rank and ∞ Rank have been added to the game. Measures against disruptive behavior have been strengthened.
- Play with Friends: Create rooms with Room IDs. This makes it so that you can play online matches regardless of if it’s with a friend.
There’s a bit more, which you can read about in full detail here. Alas, Golf has yet to be added to the game, but it should still arrive eventually at some point this fall. Will you be getting this update downloaded onto your copy of Nintendo Switch Sports? Tell us in the comments!