Modus Games have revealed gameplay of guest character Ultraman in their 3D mecha brawler, Override 2: Super Mech League.
As previously reported, the game is set seven years since Earth was saved from the Xenotype invasion. Now the planet’s robotic defenders have been repurposed as a new spectator sport.
Choose from 20 playable mechs and fight through single player, co-op, and competitive multiplayer modes. It was also previously confirmed that several characters from the Ultraman franchise will be added later as DLC.
Now we see the classic tokusatsu superhero in action. As stated in the press release, the Ultraman Deluxe Edition can be pre-ordered (also available on launch) will get access to the Ultraman Season Pass. This season pass includes Ultraman, along with Bemular, Black King, and Dan Moroboshi. The retail version also includes Ultraman cosmetic items.
You can find the Ultraman gameplay trailer below.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
The gigantic robot brawler is Mech-ing a super-charged comeback in Override 2: Super Mech League!
Seven years after the Xenotypes that invaded Earth have been eradicated, the giant mechs that were once the planet’s defenders are now their entertainers in global mech battle leagues. As a new pilot of these repurposed weapons of war, climb the ranks and represent your Club with a tuned-up roster of returning and new mechs, each with their own unique abilities, moves, and super-charged attacks. Override 2: Super Mech League is playable both in single player and multiplayer campaigns for up to 4 players locally and online in stages set all over the world.
Start as a new pilot and propel yourself through the ranks in a deep and robust Career Mode. Join Mech Leagues and earn reputation by competing in Arenas located across the globe. Duke it out with a tuned-up roster of returning robots and new mechs across various versus and co-op game modes of up to 4 players online and locally. Defeat your opponents using an arsenal of unique moves including super-charged ranged attacks, metal-busting combos, or an arena-shattering ultimate attack!
- Career Mode: Fight in Mech Leagues and soar to new heights, aiming to be the best mech pilot. Represent your Club and work together with its members to earn Influence and rewards!
- Ranked Rumbles: Two Mechs enter, one leaves. Battle through the competition and climb the ranks to become a legendary pilot.
- Mech Mania: 20 playable robots including brand-new mechs with unique abilities, skill sets, and Ultimate moves.
- Hazardous Arenas: Competitive fighting grounds that include dynamic elements such as geysers, lava pools, and platforms that encourage strategy and unexpected outcomes.
- Upgraded Game Modes: Pick your playstyle across match types including 1v1, 2v2, free-for-all and several games such as Xenoswarm, King of the Hill and more.
- Expansive Customizations: Unlock a slew of cosmetic items and attachments for your mech of choice in the Garage.
Override 2: Super Mech League releases on December 22nd for Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.