The Mega Sceptile Raid makes its debut during the Pokemon Go Mega Hoenn Raid day.
The Pokemon Go Hoenn Mega Raid Day welcomes three new Mega pokemon to Pokemon Go. During the event, Mega Blaziken, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Swampert make their Go debut. From 2 PM to 5 PM local time, these three Mega Pokemon will spawn in abundance replacing Virizion and Mega Abomasnow.
Pokemon Go trainers can purchase the Mega Hoenn Raid Day pass to have the benefits last until 10 PM local time. Be aware, the shiny variants will also be available to catch during the event, if you are lucky.
Now let’s dive into the best Mega Sceptile raid counters.
Table of Contents
Best Mega Sceptile raid counters in Pokemon Go
Mega Sceptile Raid Stats
- Mega Sceptile is a Grass, Dragon-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Fairy, Flying, Poison, Fire, Flying, Dragon, and Ice-type moves.
- Mega Sceptile Raid CP is 45057
- Mega Sceptile’s Base HP is 172
- Its Attack is 320 and its Defense is 186
- The Base catch CP is between 1,500 to 1,575
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 1,867 to 1,969
- It is Weather Boosted by Sunny or Windy weather
- Its Fast moves can be Bullet Seed or Fury Cutter
- Its Charged moves can be Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, or Aerial Ace
Mega Sceptile Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Sceptile raid, trainers will need a team of Pokemon with type effective moves or well-rounded stats. Overall, Mega Sceptile is the second hardest hitting of the Mega Hoenn Pokemon. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities and average stats.
The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 4 trainers; a team of 4 to 8 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Pidgeot, Mega Alakazam, Mega Abomasnow, and Mega Blazakin will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Fairy, Flying, Poison, Fire, Psychic, and Ice-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using ground, water, electric, or grass-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Flying Types:
- Mega Pidgeot – Gust & Brave Bird
- Moltres – Wing Attack & Sky Attack
- Rayquazza – Air Slash & Hurricane
- Yveltal – Gust & Hurricane
- Honchkrow – Peck & Sky Attack
- Staraptor – Wing Attack & Brave Bird
Alternative Flying Types:
- Tornadus – Gust & Hurricane
- Braviary – Air Slash & Brave Bird
- Galarian Articuno – Psycho Cut & Brave Bird
- Unfezant – Air Slash & Sky Attack
- Kartana – Air Slash & Aerial Ace
- Toucannon – Peck & Drill Peck
- Ho-OH – Incinerate & Brave Bird
- Togekiss – Air Slash & Aerial Ace
Primary Fairy Types:
- Mega Alakazam – Counter & Dazzling Gleam
- Gardevoir – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Togekiss – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Xurkitree – Thunder Shock & Dazzling Gleam
- Primarina – Charm & Moonblast
- Zacian – Quick Attack & Play Rough
Alternative Fairy Types:
- Granbull – Charm & Play Rough
- Ursaring – Counter & Play Rough
- Mega Banette – Hex & Dazzling Gleam
- Tapu Koko – Quick Attack & Dazzling Gleam
- Sylveon – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Mega Altaria – Dragon Breath & Dazzling Gleam
Primary Fire Types:
- Mega Blazakin – Fire Spin & Brave Bird
- Charizard – Airslash & Overheat
- Moltres – Wing Attack & Fire Blast
- Chandelure – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Darmanitan – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Flareon – Fire Spin & Overheat
Primary Ice Type:
- Mega Abomasnow – Powder Snow & Weather Ball
- Galarian Damanitan – Avalanche & Ice Fang
- Mamoswine – Powder Snow & Avalanche
- Glaceon – Frost Breath & Avalanche
- Weavile – Ice Shard & Avalanche
- Avalugg – Ice Fang & Avalanche
Alternate Ice Types:
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Ice Beam
- Beartic – Powder Snow & Ice Punch
- Articuno – Frost Breath & Ice Beam
- Kyurem – Dragon Breath & Blizzard
- Walrein – Powder Snow & Icicle Spear
- Cloyster – Ice Shard & Avalanche
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you wait to take on the Legendary Virizion raid? If so, will you try to get a shiny Virizion? At the moment, it is uncertain if the Hoenn Mega Raid Day Mega Pokemon will be available after the event. ? Keep an eye out for our Mega Blazakin, Mega Swampert, and Mega Sceptile raids during the event.
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news