The Mega Swampert Raid makes its debut during the Pokemon Go Mega Hoenn Raid day.
The Pokemon Go Hoenn Mega Raid Day welcomes three new Mega pokemon to Pokemon Go. During the event, Mega Blaziken, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Swampert make their Go debut. From 2 PM to 5 PM local time, these three Mega Pokemon will spawn in abundance replacing Virizion and Mega Abomasnow.
Pokemon Go trainers can purchase the Mega Hoenn Raid Day pass to have the benefits last until 10 PM local time. Be aware, the shiny variants will also be available to catch during the event, if you are lucky.
Now let’s dive into the best Mega Swampert raid counters.
Table of Contents
Best Mega Swampert raid counters in Pokemon Go
Mega Swampert Raid Stats
- Mega Swampert is a Water, Ground-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Grass-type moves.
- Mega Swampert Raid CP is 43153
- Mega Swampert’s Base HP is 225
- Its Attack is 283 and its Defense is 218
- The Base catch CP is between 1,622 to 1,699
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2,027 to 2,124
- It is Weather Boosted by Sunny or Rainy weather
- Its Fast moves can be Mud Shot or Water Gun
- Its Charged moves can be Surf, Muddy Water, Earthquake, or Sludge Bomb
Mega Swampert Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Swampert raid, trainers will need a team of Pokemon with type effective moves or well-rounded stats. Overall, Mega Swampert is the most well rounded of the Mega Hoenn Pokemon trio. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities and average stats.
The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 4 trainers; a team of 4 to 8 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Abomasnow, or Mega Sceptile will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Grass-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Fire, Electric, Poison, Rock, or Steel-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Grass Types:
- Mega Venusaur – Vine Whip & Frenzy Plant
- Zarude – Vine Whip & Power Whip
- Tangrowth – Vine Whip & Power Whip
- Tapu Bulu – Bullet Seed & Grass Knot
- Shaymin Sky – Hidden Power & Grass Knot
- Torterra – Razor Leaf & Frenzy Plant
Alternative Grass Types:
- Venusaur – Vine Whip & Frenzy Plant
- Kartana – Razor Leaf & Leaf Blade
- Exeggutor – Bullet Seed & Solar Beam
- Celebi – Magical Leaf & Leaf Storm
- Roserade – Razor Leaf & Grass Knot
- Leafeon – Razor Leaf & Leaf Blade
- Chesnaught – Low Kick & Solar Beam
- Meganium – Razo Leaf & Solar Beam
- Superior – Vine Whip & Grass Knot
- Vileplume – Razor Leaf & Solar Beam
- Abomasnow – Razor Leaf & Energy Ball
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you wait to take on the Legendary Virizion raid? If so, will you try to get a shiny Virizion? At the moment, it is uncertain if the Hoenn Mega Raid Day Mega Pokemon will be available after the event. ? Keep an eye out for our Mega Blazakin, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Swampert raids during the event.
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news