Being able to customise your own gangster has always been core to the Saints Row experience. Since Volition and Deep Silver announced their reboot of the GTA rival, fans have been dying to get a look at its revamped character creator.
The game’s new “Like A Boss” trailer does just that, demonstrating a wide array of options to sculpt your own quirky hero in this bizarre universe. The tools here look pretty exhaustive, from hair and makeup to a wealth of wardrobe choice.
The Saints Row reboot doesn’t stop there. Here’s a look at some of the other ways you can customise your experience:
- Boss Customization – Yep, body, face, hair, clothes, everything you need to create whoever or WHATeveryou want. Be your own Boss. Make them yours.
- Vehicle Customization – Gearheads will love how in-depth you can go with vehicle customization, and it’s not just aesthetics – we’ve got upgrades, signature abilities and even engine sound are all a part of the mix!
- Weapon Customization – Yes, you can switch up the looks of your hardware too, change the color, pattern, decal, material or just make your favorite loadout look like something else entirely.
- HQ & City – That run down church is yours to decorate as you see fit. As you get more powerful, your HQ sees its own glow up, but it’s up to you to add your own finishing touches to make it truly yours. As you grow into the criminal badass you were meant to be, the city changes too – by building your criminal ventures wherever you like, you’ll literally change that Santo Ileso skyline.
- Saints & Friends – Yes you can modify how your Saints recruits appear, as well as your friends with a variety of unlockable outfits. You gotta make sure everyone stays on brand, right?
With a release date set for August 23, 2022, Saints Row reimagines the series’ tongue-in-cheek crime sim, taking us to the city of Santo Ileso. Within this new playground you’ll wage war on rival gangs while expanding your territory and certain… business enterprises.
What we have seen looks promising, preserving that gun-toting, free-roaming fun with a parody twist. Open world games have evolved a lot since we last saw the Saints – hopefully Volition will populate its reboot with meaningful things to see and do.
Saints Row will launch on PC and consoles, including PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.