Experience the beautiful, classic exterior and cockpit looks of this all-aluminum aircraft
In conjunction with World Update XI: Canada, Microsoft Flight Simulator today released its latest aircraft in the “Local Legends” series of planes. Manufactured by Carenado, the 195 Businessliner is a single-engine, high-wing general aviation and utility airplane by American aviation manufacturer, Cessna. The aircraft is one of a small family of two consisting of the 190 and the 195. The 195 was the last Cessna aircraft the company developed that was powered by a radial engine, and the first composed of all-aluminum construction. Aimed at the business market, the 195 has seating for five, including the pilot.
Cessna developed the 195 from its mid-1930s offering, the Airmaster, a high-wing, cantilever monoplane with a traditional undercarriage. The 195 took its maiden flight in 1945 and was introduced shortly after in 1947. Quickly earning a reputation as reliable and efficient, the 195 was adopted by the United States Army, which designated it the LC-126, and the Air Force, naming it the U-20. Cessna produced the Businessliner from 1947 to 1954. There are many that still fly today and are highly sought after due to their rugged build, solid performance and look that evokes earlier decades of flight.
The 195 measures 27 feet, 4 inches in length, stands 7 feet, 2 inches high, and has a wingspan of 36 feet, 2 inches. It features a standard empennage and a fixed traditional undercarriage. The roomy cockpit is smartly arranged and sports polished wood controls. The aircraft is powered by a 7-cylinder, air-cooled Jacobs R-755B-2 radial piston engine that produces up to 275 horsepower and swings a Hamilton Standard 2-blade constant-speed propeller. When at cruising speeds of 170 mph to 178 mph, the Cessna 195 has a range of 633 miles, an endurance of four hours, a ceiling of 18,300 feet above sea level, and climbs at 1,135 feet per minute.
The Cessna 195 Businessliner looks both elegant and powerful with its large cowling that encloses its radial engine and smooth lines throughout its entire form. Flying the Cessna 195 is an unforgettable experience; its engine really delivers, and the aircraft demands pilot precision for each control input, from take-off to landing. The 195 Businessliner includes ten liveries: eight classic and an Xbox and an Aviator’s Club. It is available now in the Microsoft Flight Simulator in-game marketplace for $19.99. The sky is calling!
Microsoft Flight Simulator is now available for Xbox Series X|S and PC with Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, Windows, and Steam, and on Xbox One and supported mobile phones, tablets, and lower-spec PCs via Xbox Cloud Gaming. For the latest information on Microsoft Flight Simulator, stay tuned to @MSFSOfficial on Twitter.
Microsoft Flight Simulator: Standard Game of the Year Edition
Xbox Game Studios
PC Game Pass
Xbox Game Pass
The Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year (GOTY) Standard Edition celebrates all the positive feedback, reviews and awards garnered, but it is also a “Thank You” to our fans – new and old – that have made Microsoft Flight Simulator such a phenomenon. The Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Game of the Year Edition includes 25 highly detailed planes with unique flight models and 38 hand-crafted airports.
This enhanced edition introduces simmers to five all-new aircraft, eight new handcrafted airports, six new Discovery Flights, new tutorials, and updates to the weather system
The five new handcrafted aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator include:
• Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet: Our first military jet and a highly requested feature from the community. The Top Gun: Maverick expansion will release with the movie next Spring, but we wanted simmers to have the opportunity to test their need for speed this holiday.
• VoloCity: We partnered with well-known German company Volocopter, which is working on an eVTOL called “VoloCity”, a vision for an urban air taxi. We worked closely with the Volocopter engineering team to develop an authentic version of the prototype aircraft for the simulator. This is our first aircraft that can perform pinpoint landings and is a teaser of what you can look forward to in 2022 when we intend to launch helicopters in the sim.
• Pilatus PC-6 Porter: This legendary short takeoff and landing (STOL) utility aircraft is a highly versatile plane from Switzerland and comes with several cockpits, cabins, and landing gear variations. It is the result of our close collaboration with the manufacturer and the development efforts by famed developers Hans Hartmann and Alexander Metzger resulted in a great and fun new aircraft with exception capabilities in the simulator.
• CubCrafters NX Cub: Yakima-based CubCrafters recently introduced a nosewheel option for their flagship CC-19 XCub Aircraft, popularly called the NX Cub, which we are pleased to introduce to the flight sim audience to further enhance our bush flying and off airport options.
• Aviat Pitts Special S1S: One of our most popular planes gets a single-seat option with the release of this aircraft.
New Airports – We are adding eight handcrafted airports in Central Europe and the United States:
o Leipzig/Halle Airport (EDDP)
o Allgäu Airport Memmingen (EDJA)
o Kassel Airport (EDVK)
o Lugano Airport (LSZA)
o Zurich Airport (LSZH)
o Luzern-Beromunster Airport (LSZO)
o Patrick Space Force Base (KCOF)
o Marine Corps Air Station Miramar (KNKX)
The Game of the Year release is adding information about 545 previously missing airports in the United States.
New Missions -Based on the popularity of the recently introduced Discovery Flights, we are adding an additional six locations (Helsinki, Freiburg im Breisgau, Mecca, Monument Valley, Singapore, and Mount Cook) to this popular series.
New Tutorials – To further expand the onboarding experience, we are adding 14 new tutorials, introducing simmers to Bush flying (in an Icon A5) and IFR (in a Cessna 172).
New Features – We are also pleased to introduce several highly requested features by the community: an updated weather system, early access to DX12, and a dev mode replay system.
New Photogrammetry Cities – As part of our ongoing collaboration with Bing Maps, we are pleased to add a number of new photogrammetry cities: Helsinki (Finland), Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany), Brighton, Derby, Eastbourne, Newcastle, and Nottingham (UK) and Utrecht (Netherlands).
Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Game of the Year Edition will be available as a free update for owners on PC and Xbox Series X|S. For new users, the GOTY Standard Edition is the perfect entry point to flight simming as it offers an even richer experience, and it will be the item they purchase as we are retiring the original. Invite your friends to experience the wonders of flight. The sky is calling!