Chernobylite is expanding once again with its latest free update. The game moved over to next-gen earlier this year with an Xbox Series X|S upgrade, and now the ‘Ghost Town’ DLC brings a whole new map and activity to explore.
Ghost Town introduces a new map, the infamous Pripyat residential area overtaken by chernobylite crystals. It’s now a ghost town in which it’s easy to lose your way. You can explore its landmarks like the Azure Swimming Pool.
Embark on a journey through different areas of the recreation of the Chornobyl Exclusion Zone to find collectibles and learn more about the relationship between Tatyana and Igor. For stalkers who prefer stealth, there’s the Silent Assassin crossbow. Your enemies won’t even know what hit them!
Alongside the new Pripyat-based map and the ‘Memory of You’ activity, a few paid DLC packs are also live in The Farm 51’s open world RPG. Here’s what you’ll get if you decide to dabble with this update’s paid packs:
‘Deadly Frost Pack’ will make you much cooler with ice-themed weapon skins, and ‘Blue Flames Pack’ introduces a wide range of skins for your hideout for a gloomy look.
The developer has also made a number of welcome changes to Chernobylite across both the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions. These address a number of issues previously present in the game, including performance problems. Here’s the full list of bug fixes:
Chernobylite Xbox Patch Notes
- Improved overall game performance
- [UI] Slightly increased image size and font size for better visibility
- [UI] Added some fixes for Quick Menu
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish localization
- Fixed audio in the final level
- Fixed Black Stalker’s final fight dialogue
- Fixed the blocker in the Heist level when a fast dialogue skip caused the player to not receive input after the dialogue
- Added auto-saving on certain events—after killing a whole enemy squad, when dialogues end, and when mission loot is obtained
- Removed unintentional death in the Ariadna device level on stepping off the path
- Increased performance on Lenin square in Pripyat
- Fixed chernohost sound timeline
- Fixed save hitches—the game will no longer freeze during encounters and events on various maps
- Fixed NPC visibility on Ariadna levels.
Are you still playing Chernobylite? Waiting for a Game Pass release? Let us know below!