Mimimi Games’ stellar tactical stealth title Desperados 3 has received its first major free content since launch. Update 1.2 brings four new “Baron’s Challenge missions along with bug fixes and improvements to stability. To see some of the missions in action, check out the trailer below.
The missions consist of stopping a snake-oil salesman in Flagstone, crashing Mayor Higgins’ wedding at his estate (with the help of mind control darts) and much more. Among the bug fixes are the “Continue” button from the main menu no longer loading players into locked/broken levels. Cloth simulation should also be improved for all characters.
Certain UI issues, like button shadows being misplaced, have also been fixed while the Statistics screen will provide “more consistent” information. Check out some of the patch notes below for more information. Desperados 3 is currently available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Check out our review for it here and stay tuned for more details in the meantime.
- Four new Baron Challenges
- Bug Fixes
- Stability Improvements
Performance and Stability
Crash Fixes: We made further optimizations to improve the overall stability of the game. Crashes should happen less frequently now, and a few crash cases should be gone completely.
Four new Baron’s Challenge Missions:
- Vanishing Act: A certain snake-oil salesman is peddling his wares at the town square of Flagstone. Make him disappear.
- Untitled Voodoo Mission: Isabelle is about to crash Mayor Higgins’ wedding, and she has brought a LOT of mind control darts.
- Public Transportation: Two dead men must be carried to the Eagle Falls train station. The guards won’t shoot on sight, but if they see a body…
- Bird Hunting: Doc is perched on the roof of Casa DeVitt, with plenty of ammo and five targets on his list. The party is still going. Happy hunting.
- Main Menu Continue Button Fix: The “Continue” option in the main menu has some unforeseen special cases, which are fixed now. Users shouldn’t load into locked or broken levels anymore.
- Cloth Simulation Fixes: The stability of the cloth simulation for all characters has been improved.
- Mission Statistics Fixes: We made several fixes to the statistics screen. It should deliver more consistent information now.
- UI Fixes: We fixed several minor UI issues, such as misplaced button shadows and more.