Today’s Niche Spotlight is Street Cleaner: The Video Game, a retro-inspired platformer by Creaky Lantern Games.
The game is based on the works of Street Cleaner, a synthwave artist based in San Diego, and features a mix of new and old tracks by him. You play as the Street Cleaner, a vigilante fighting against the criminal underworld in a highly stylized ’80s version of San Diego.
Defeat enemies with your trusty handgun and baseball bat, as you explore 7 levels and face off against 12 bosses. You can find the launch trailer below.
Street Cleaner: The Video Game is available on Windows PC via Steam for $14.99 USD.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
The Street Cleaner’s work is never done. Become Jack Slade on his quest to wipe out criminal scum from the streets of San Diego in this 8-bit retro style platformer. Your gun and your trusty baseball bat are the only tools you need to take on the criminal underworld through seven action packed stages.
Street Cleaner is a modern synthwave artist based in San Diego. Inspired by action films of the ’80s to write the soundtrack to a vigilante movie that never existed, he has broadened his sound from retro synth inspiration to chiptunes, darksynth, and more. Street Cleaner: The Video Game is the licensed game that would have been made based on that movie, brought to reality.
- ALL NEW soundtrack of authentic pulse-pounding 8-bit chiptunes by the Street Cleaner himself.
- SEVEN Stages featuring TWELVE exciting boss fights.
- Stylish 8-bit retro aesthetics combined with modern visual flair like large scale pixel animations, parallax scrolling backgrounds and particle effects.
- In game controller/keyboard remapping for convenience and accessibility.
- “Assist Mode” game mode for accessibility options allows EVERYONE to play the game how they want to by adjusting settings like: infinite health, infinite ammo, double jump, reduced game speed, and more.
- “Hardcore Mode” game mode for players in search of extreme difficulty.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!