Publisher Kwalee is to bring Grindstone and Triple Hill Interactive’s one hit kill fighting game, Die by the Blade, to PC via Steam, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series S/X and Nintendo Switch next year. The title is said to be influenced by Bushido Blade, Way of the Samurai, and Dark Souls, with each weapon in the game having its own set of moves.
It’s a 1v1 game in which you will need to learn how to parry just as much as you attack as the key feature of the title is that one hit can kill you.
The game has seven playable characters each with their own unique, and they can all be customised so you can get your fighter looking totally bad ass. The game will have tournaments and ranked online modes with further modes to be revealed in the coming months.
Here are those ever so important key features:
- One hit kills – All it takes is one slice in tense, one-hit-kill based combat
- Choose your playstyle – A diverse array of weapons with different move sets
- Multiplayer showdowns – Take the battle online with ranked online modes
- Customisation – Tailor your characters style to the way you see fit
- Brutal encounters – Dismember your opponents with brutal precision
- Welcome to “Samurai Punk” – Unique artstyle which merges a cyberpunk aesthetic with japanese-inspired themes.
Die By The Blade
If you are playing on PC here are the recommended specs:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 64bit
- Processor: x86 3GHz+ quad thread
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: nVidia 1060GTX, or faster
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 10 GB available space
- Sound Card: any
- Additional Notes: System Requirements subject to change as development continues
Kwalee might be a new name to you but publisher includes a co-founder of Codemasters and a developer of NBA Jam among their staff.
Source: Press release