Neo Geo fans take note, there’s a new collection on the way. It’s been teased for a while now, but formerly Japan-exclusive brawlers Breakers and Breakers Revenge are coming to Nintendo Switch. This duo of games has never been localized for Western gamers, so it’s great to see this content coming to North American Neo Geo fans for the first time. Sweetening the deal further is word that the games will be coming in physical form to the platform thanks to Strictly Limited Games.
Ready for SLG’s first 2D fighting game release?
Mark your calendars – the Breakers Collection is coming for pre-order Sunday, May 22nd!
Enjoy Breakers, Breakers Revenge and countless new features coming to the West for the first time!
— Strictly Limited Games (@RealStrictlyLTD) May 19, 2022
Here’s everything that comes in the collection:
- A hidden gem from the golden age of arcade fighting games, remastered for modern consoles
- Makes full use of the Neo Geo’s power to deliver beautiful pixel graphics
- Sophisticated gameplay with fast and sharp controls that rewards tactics over button mashing
- Up 10 characters to choose from, each with their unique fighting style (8 in Breakers and 10 in Revenge)
- Compete for life or death in the legendary FIST tournament in Arcade Mode
- Duke it out with your friends to assert dominance on your couch in classic Versus Mode
- Brand-new Training Mode, being a highly requested feature after the beta (Revenge only)
- Impeccable online multiplayer featuring rollback net code with casual and ranked modes, tested by the community during open beta (Revenge only)
- Global online ranking boards (Revenge only)
- Art Gallery Mode
Pre-orders begin May 22, which is this Sunday. Will you be reserving yourself a copy? Let us know down in the comments!
Source: Strictly Limited Games Twitter Page
The post <em>Breakers Collection</em> Getting a Physical Run from Strictly Limited Games appeared first on Nintendojo.