The Nintendo Switch OLED Model is out today in North America and Europe. In this guide we have rounded up some of the best deals which we have found for this desirable shiny new Switch.
Are you on the fence about picking up the Switch OLED? Be sure to check out our hardware review for the Nintendo Switch OLED model which should help you decide if the upgrade is worth your hard earned dough or not.
- Update 8th October – Nintendo’s US Store now has availability of the Switch OLED model.
- Update 30th September – My Nintendo Store UK now has more Switch OLED stock available for pre-order. If you’ve been waiting for a restock in the UK, now’s the time to secure one for launch on Friday 8th Oct…
- Update 13th September – My Nintendo Store UK now has live OLED pre-order links, with hardware + game bundles including either Metroid Dread, Mario Golf: Super Rush, Zelda: Skyward Sword or Super Mario 3D World, plus a free Switch case.
- Update 6th September – UK retailer Argos has the white Switch OLED Model up for pre-order again. Just over a month to go!
- Update 11th August – UK retailer Argos currently has Switch OLED pre-orders available for the white model.
- Update 16th July – You can now place a pre-order at Amazon UK. Be quick!
- Update 15th July – Most North American pre-orders will go live today at 12pm PT / 3pm ET.
- Update 14th July – Very.co.uk has now gone live with their pre-order pages if you missed the other UK options.
- Update: 8th July – Amazon UK’s product pages are now live, although you cannot place a pre-order at this time.
The lovingly titled Nintendo Switch (OLED model) has a very similar overall size to the Nintendo Switch console, but with a larger, vibrant 7-inch OLED screen with vivid colours and high contrast. It also features a wide adjustable stand for tabletop mode, a new dock with a wired LAN port for stable online play, 64GB of internal storage, and onboard speakers with enhanced audio for handheld and tabletop play.
Just like the standard Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch (OLED model) allows users to play on the TV and share the detachable Joy-Con controllers for the familiar out-of-the-box multiplayer fun. The new Switch comes in two colours — a version with the standard Neon Red and Blue Joy-Con and a black LAN dock and a new variant with white Joy-Con and white LAN dock.
Nintendo Switch (OLED model) launches on 8th October 2021 — the same day as Metroid Dread — and it is priced at £309.99 / $349.99. Do you plan on picking one up? In this guide we’ll collect the best Switch OLED pre-order deals the moment they pop up in the UK and US — be sure to bookmark this page and check back for deals as and when they drop.
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.
Pre-order Nintendo Switch OLED Model in the US
Pre-order Nintendo Switch OLED Model in the UK
Nintendo Switch OLED Model FAQ
Nintendo Switch OLED Specs
The Nintendo Switch OLED Model has a 7-inch OLED screen compared to the standard Switch’s 6.2-inch LCD screen and the Switch Lite’s 5.5-inch LCD screen. The new console also doubles internal storage from 32GB on the standard model to 64GB, has enhanced audio and a wider kickstand for tabletop mode, and includes a LAN port in the dock.
For a full tech comparison between the three Switch models, check out our guide below:
Nintendo Switch OLED Model Release Date
The latest member of the Nintendo Switch family is scheduled for launch on 8th October 2021 — the same day as Metroid Dread. If you like the idea of playing the latest Metroid game on a brand new system, you’ll probably want to pre-order Metroid Dread, too.
- Nintendo Switch OLED Model – Price, Release Date, Specs, Battery Life And Where It Leaves ‘Switch Pro’
Should I buy a Switch OLED if I already own a Nintendo Switch?
Well, that’s the million dollar question, isn’t it? Fortunately, it’s one we’ve addressed in the guide below which looks at various use cases and scenarios and offers recommendations based on your circumstances:
Let us know below if you plan on picking up this new version of the Switch with its bigger screen and bespoke LAN dock.
If you’re looking for detailed information on Switch OLED model tech specs, check out our Switch OLED vs. Standard Switch vs. Switch Lite spec comparison guide. You can also find some lovely pics of the new model in our Switch OLED gallery.