Developer Niantic has announced the Pokemon Go February 2022 roadmap was detailed in a new update.
Trainers! There are only six days until the start of February. That means, there are only three days until the release of Pokemon Legends: Arceus. Although some trainers will be busy with the latest Pokemon handheld title, Niantic has planned an eventful month for trainers in Pokemon Go.
This week, Niantic has unveiled the Pokemon Go February 2022 roadmap. Throughout the month, trainers will have access to new Mega and Legendary raids. Additionally, the Pokemon Go February 2022 roadmap details the three major events taking place throughout the month. So what should trainers expect throughout the month of February? Let’s dive in.
February 2022 roadmap
- The February Season of Heritage event will be led by Valor team leader Candela.
- Throughout the month, trainers will receive increased Candy XL and 2x XP from hatching eggs.
- Catching 600 Pokemon will unlock a special Noibat Hat avatar item.
- As trainers progress through the challenges, they will get a variety of rewards including a Noibat, remote raid pass, and experience.
- Hoppip Community Day on February 12th.
- February Research Breakthrough encounter will be the Pokemon Espurr. Trainers have a chance to get a shiny Espurr.
In February 2022, returning Legendary Pokemon and Mega Pokemon will be available to raid against; their shiny variants will be available. During February, trainers will be able to take part in six different types of raids. This excludes the special raids taking place during the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto. This will be the debut of Shiny Deoxys. Trainers will be able to receive two free raid passes from gyms from February 16th to March 1st. Each Monday a 1 Pokecoin box will be available containing one remote raid pass and other items.
- Regirock – February 1st to 9th. Will know Earthquake.
- Registeel – February 9th to 16th. Will Know Zap Cannon.
- (Normal) Deoxys – February 16th to 19th.
- (Attack) Deoxys – February 19th to 22nd.
- (Defense) Deoxys – February 22nd to 25th.
- (Speed) Deoxys – February 25th to March 1st, 2022.
- Mega Houndoom – February 1st to 15th
- Mega Ampharos – February 15th to March 1st.
- Both will have the chance to be shiny.
- Regirock – February 2nd
- Registeel – February 9th
- Normal Forme Deoxys – February 16th
- Defense Forme Deoxys – February 23rd
In the Pokemon Go February 2022 roadmap, Niantic has detailed the four spotlight hours. The spotlight hours will take place each Tuesday from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- February 1st – Litleo will appear. 2X XP will be given for evolving Pokemon.
- February 8th – Spritzee will appear. 2X Catch Stardust will be granted.
- February 15th – Koffing will appear. 2X Catch XP will be granted. Trainers will have the chance to encounter a shiny Koffing.
- February 22nd. Voltorb will appear. 2X Catch Candy will be active. Trainers will have the chance to encounter a shiny Voltorb.
February 2022 Events
- Lunar New Year – Ring in the Lunar New Year from Tuesday, February 1, 2022, to Monday, February 7, 2022!
- Valentine’s Day – On Thursday, February 10, 2022, to Monday, February 14, 2022, Trainers can celebrate Valentine’s Day with in-game events and activities. An Evolutionary line of Fairy-type Pokemon will even make its Pokemon GO debut!
- GO Tour Johto Leadup Event – From Friday, February 18, 2022, to Friday, February 25, 2022, get ready for Pokemon GO Tour: Johto with a Poké Ball–focused event!
Pokemon Go Johto Tour Details
Purchasing a ticket will give trainers access to a variety of content during the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto event. During the event, Lugia, Ho-oh, Entei, Raikou, and Suicune will appear in Legendary raids. Each of these Legendary beasts’ shiny variants will be available. Trainers who purchase the pass will receive nine bonus raid passes, special stickers, 2X hatch candy, 1/4 hatch distance, surprise encounters, hourly habitat changes, and a Celebi encounter. Trainers may also find a shiny Smeargle.
What do you think of the Pokemon Go February 2022 roadmap? For all Pokemon Go news, check out our other Pokemon Go Articles.