This week has flown by, and not just because of the bank holiday and good weather but because I’ve been looking forward to Formula 1 at Imola (or Emilia Romagna as it’s now called). The weather threw a spanner in the works for yesterday’s qualifying, but that just means it will be great to watch the sprint race today and see how the grid will form up tomorrow.
You’re here though for this week’s gaming round-up – which, incidentally, includes some F1 news – so let’s get stuck in!
In the News This Week
- Uncharted’s Amy Hennig is creating a new Star Wars game
- Splatoon 3 September release date confirmed!
- EA Sports F1 22 will launch on 1st July – has VR support for the first time
- A new Tales from the Borderlands game is coming out in 2022
- Sonic Origins has been officially revealed and it has stupid DLC
- World of Warcraft Dragonflight and Wrath of the Lich King Classic expansions revealed
- Report: Sony and Microsoft plan for in-game adverts within free-to-play titles
- Three more Mega Drive games added to Nintendo Switch Online
- Outriders’ huge Worldslayer expansion revealed
- PDXCON 2022 returns as a physical fan event in September
- June launch dates confirmed for PlayStation Plus new three-tiered rollout
Games in Review & Features
It was another quiet week for the reviews:
- Nobody Saves the World – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC, NSW – 7/10
- Demoniaca: Everlasting Night – PS4, XBO, PC – NSW – 3/10
Celebrating the Easter weekend, Stefan posted a quick top 10 of the best eggs found in video games, as for the previews, he looked at Hard West 2. This is the sequel to the popular turn-based game – think of it as XCOM meets the wild west – and by all accounts the first level really impressed him.
Rounding off the week, What We Played featured Ghostwire Tokyo, Divinity: Original Sin 2 & Space Invaders Forever.
Here’s what you in our community have been up to this week:
- TSBonyman still can’t tear himself away from Elden Ring, and recently defeated Godrick the Grafted.
- After a weekend of garden centre visits for MrYd, he’s also been glued to Elden Ring, and will be for the foreseeable future!
- Andrewww has managed to bludgeon his way through to the end of Bloodborne, and reached the end of the space station game Observation. So he’s picked up Control, which hasn’t clicked with him just yet, and then been absolutely loving Astro Bot Rescue Mission on PSVR.
- And willbuchanan’s plans are up in the air thanks to Covid (hope your wife feels better soon!), but luckily he’s got Mercenaries 2 and Everybody’s Golf to keep him busy.
Have a great weekend, and I’ll see you again soon!