Today third-party developers revealed new assets and details about upcoming aircraft and scenery add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator; A relevant airport has also been released.
We start with SC Designs, which showcased its F-16 Fighting Falcon in new screenshots. We get to see that the developer implemented a G-vapor effect on top of the confirmation that it’ll release on Just Flight’s store next week.
It’ll also launch on the official marketplace in Q1 2022.
Next, we move on to today’s release, and it’s Glasgow Airport (EGPF) in Scotland by Pyreegue.
You can grab it on Orbx Direct for $20.95. Here’s what you can expect.
- Completely modelled terminal interior with executive lounges (Lomond Lounge, Emirates Lounge, BA Lounge)
- Custom Animated Jetways with dynamic hood. (2-axis jetways on stands 23-26/17 are non-functional until further SDK improvements)
- Custom Ground polygons with hundreds of markings and accurate weathering
- 2021 layout
- Custom night lighting
- PBR texturing on all objects
- LODs and texture resolution optimized for smooth performance
- Default ATC/AI Traffic integration
- Parallax windows on key objects to simulate interior
- Surroundings included, such as Holiday Inn hotels, Car Hire Village, Long Term Parking lots,
- Customs Hangars, Nearby Farms, Glasgow Flying Club, Leading Edge Flight Training and many others.
- Animated Radars
- Window Rain Effects for terminal interior
- Highly detailed ATC tower interior
- EGEG Glasgow Heliport Included
- Detailed Gama Aviation Hangar
- Static Business Jets
- Static airliners (Toggleable option)
- Detailed fire training centre
Speaking of airports, Axonos announced Palm Springs (KPSP). We also learn that it’ll launch soon, on December 12. You can see what it looks like below.
Recently, we published our latest interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann and we heard more about Microsoft’s plans for the next few months, including World Update Australia.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.