Our No Minion Spell Mage deck list guide features the best Darkmoon Faire deck list for Season 85 of Hearthstone (April 2021). Our No Minion Spell Mage guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
No Minion Spell Mage is an interesting one. As the name suggests, it’s a deck whose main goal is to take advantage of the Mage class’ new ‘no-minion’ synergies to gain long-term value and a ludicrous number of spells.
No Minion Spell Mage deck list and strategy
Here’s the No Minion Spell Mage deck we’ll be using for the Darkmoon Faire expansion. It’s not changed a huge amount with the new spells, but we’ll keep you updated with any changes!
|2 x Font of Power||1 x C’Thun, the Shattered|
|2 x Devolving Missiles|
|2 x Primordial Studies|
|2 x Brain Freeze|
|1 x Deck of Lunacy|
|2 x Runed Orb|
|2 x Incanter’s Flow|
|2 x Cram Session|
|2 x Arcane Intellect|
|2 x Combustion|
|2 x Refreshing Spring Water|
|2 x Fireball|
|2 x Ring Toss|
|2 x Apexis Blast|
|2 x Flamestrike|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAf0EAr/gA5PhAw7BuAOMuQOBvwPgzAPHzgPNzgOU0QP30QPr3gPQ7APR7AP8ngT9ngT+ngQA
No Minion Spell Mage is a value-oriented deck at heart. You have a massive amount of spells which are able to generate even more spells, letting you string together a great deal of effects each turn. Of course, you rely pretty heavily on lucky pulls from your spells, but we’re absolutely loving the potential randomness.
Early game: This deck is all about tempo, and taking advantage of your sweet highrolls when they arrive.
Your early spells will be all about survival if necessary. Font of Power is a fantastic way to get on board early, particularly with cards such as Lab Partner and Imprisoned Phoenix to buff your spells with Spell Damage. One thing to look out for is Astromancer Solarian. It’s a brilliant card with an amazing payoff, but remember that shuffling Solarian Prime into your deck will turn off your Apexis Blast’s ability to summon a 5-cost minion.
Of course, your games can go completely off the rails when you cast Deck of Lunacy early, which is always a fun (and usually powerful) way to play.
Mid game: Hopefully you’ve discounted your cards a little bit with Incanter’s Flow, and your card draw engine should be in full swing. Refreshing Spring Water almost always offers you two cards for zero mana, and Cram Session can become ridiculous with a Spell Damage minion or two.
You should have more than enough fuel to keep things ticking over at this point – don’t be afraid to hit them hard with removal such as Rolling Fireball and Apexis Blast. Freeze effects like Brain Freeze can stall your opponent out until your late-game power plays too.
Late game: As a final gambit, C’Thun, the Shattered can be a game-winner. Casting all four parts of C’thun will shuffle the old god into your deck, and its Battlecry deals 30 damage split between all enemies – often enough to finish them off altogether. Of course, remember that if you cast Deck of Lunacy you won’t be able to finish your C’thun, so keep that in mind if you’re looking to smash your enemies with random spells.
More great Mage guides:
- 1. Best Budget Decks – Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List – Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. No Minion Spell Mage – No Minion Spell Mage deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Highlander Mage – Highlander Mage deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Dragon Mage – Dragon Mage deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Cyclone Mage – Cyclone Mage deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
No Minion Spell Mage Mulligan guide
These are the cards you’ll want to make the best possible start with No Minion Spell Mage:
- 1. Font of Power is perfect for early on, as a lot of Mage minions can be played to contest the board while you beef up your mana reserves.
- 2. Incanter’s Flow is a fantastic card to get played early, and it sets up for some ridiculous plays later on since it discounts your entire deck.
- 3. Refreshing Spring Water often ends up being a zero mana draw two cards spell, since all your deck’s cards are spells.
No Minion Spell Mage tips, combos and synergies
Here’s a few combos and interactions to look out for with No Minion Spell Mage.
– Keep minion placement in mind when clearing the board with Combustion. Ideally, lower health minions should be hit in between higher health ones, so you can maximise damage.
– Ring Toss can be corrupted and then discovers two Secrets rather than one. It’s easier to corrupt it if it’s been discounted with Incenter’s Flow too.
– Your cards that benefit from this no-minion build are Apexis Blast and Font of Power. Their effect is nullified if enemies shuffle minions into your deck though.
– Remember the burn damage available in this deck. Runed Orb, Apexis Blast, and Fireball can all go face so take these into account when looking for lethal damage.
– Devolving Missiles is great here because it lets you remove enemy threats without triggering Deathrattles or other dangerous effects.
– If you get Deck of Lunacy early in the game (like in the first couple turns), then play it. It’s so fun to watch everything play out in a completely unpredictable way, and more often than not the wins will arrive.