SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake has been revealed by THQ Nordic, and it actually capped off the THQ Nordic 10th anniversary stream. Using the ‘Sweet Victory’ song the trailer for SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake shows the main character jumping through portals and entering different time periods as well as different locations. You can check out the reveal trailer below.
In SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake, SpongeBob has to journey through the different WishWorlds in order to find his friends. They have all been spread out across these cosmic locations. The game will have a multiplayer mode according to store listings, with two players able to play together locally or online. The key features of the game include:
- Unlock classic and new platforming skills like the Fishhook Swing and Karate Kick
- Don more than 30 spongetastic costumes like SnailBob and SpongeGar
- Travel to 7 distinct Wishworlds like Wild West Jellyfish Fields and Halloween Rock Bottom
- Experience all the buddy movie banter with SpongeBob’s permanent companion Balloon-Patrick
- Meet all your favorite characters from the series, voiced by their original actors
- Enjoy the in-game soundtrack featuring 101 songs from the series, including Sweet Victory
The last SpongeBob game that was released was SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated, and in our review for that Thomas wrote:
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated is a solid remake that perhaps stays a little too true to the original. The updated visuals bring the game more inline with the original cartoon series, but some dated game design holds the port back from being truly exceptional.
You can read the full review here. SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake has been confirmed for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch. You will be able to play on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S vias backwards compatibility. A release date is yet to be set by THQ Nordic.